The Rose Gardens in the town centre was established after a suggestion from the local Rotary Club, where the townspeople might like to donate a rose for the rose bed. The response was fantastic and over 1000 roses were donated to create a colourful scene in the towns centre.
Band Rotunda this structure was erected after the First World War as a memorial to all band members and officially opened in 1927.
Lake Keilambete Lake Keilambete is quite salty and very deep , nearly as salty as the famous dead sea. This lake has good healing qualities, racehorses with injuries are brought here for a swim which helps with their recovery.
Avenue of Cottonwood and Plane trees this avenue of trees on the Noorat Road were planted in the early 1900's and have been recorded by the National Trust.
Terang Primary school Was opened in 1858. "First building 1871" the north wing was added in 1890 and the southern wing in 1907. Has since been altered and renovated and is now part of Terang College. The grounds also house the former Glenormiston North School which was transported here when that school closed, and the Dixie School which was moved in some years later. The Glenormiston North Schoolroom is now used as a Multi Purpose room. The Dixie School room houses the Historical Society memorabilia and is open to the public on the 3rd Sunday of each month from 1 pm to 4 pm or by Appointment. The former Boorcan Railway Station which has been restored to its original condition is located in the grounds as well.
Rosebank Estate Was originally laid out prior to the roads being aligned. The elms at the rear which go up towards the hospital were panted as an avenue in the 1890’s.
Old Catholic Church Now privately owned was built in 1900 and the Presbytery in 1910, both buildings were sold in 1974.
Post Office and Clock This distinctive building was built in 1902. The clock was installed in 1904 by public donations - The first in the Commonwealth of Australia.
A list of the donors can be seen in the foyer, an amount of 300 pounds being raised.
Commercial Hotel Originally built in 1866
National Bank Built in 1929 on the site of the original Colonial Bank which was opened in 1886.
Terang War Memorial A beautiful granite obelisk, a fitting memorial to soldiers who served in World War 1. It is 66 ft high and was unveiled in 1923.
Craft Cottage Once a 19th century Police Station
Court House Built in 1903, it had not been used as a Court House since 1980, and is now used as a Craft Shop. Originally the Police Station was next door behind the Police Residence built also in 1903.
Terang Hotel Built in 1900 replaced Terang’s first Hotel the Terang Inn.
Wheat sheaf Hotel Erected in 1891, a circular tower on the corner being removed in 1937.
Clarke Bros. Saddlery Local Information Centre, formally the saddlery was run by Mr. Dan O’grady a well known trotting identity, and one of the main men to start up the Terang Trotting Club, now Terang harness Racing Club.